START OF SPORTING CAREER
• He began alpine skiing at the age of 5, he switched to Cross-Country skiing in 1998.
• In December 2008 he took over the lead in the FIS Cross-Country World Cup as the first Swiss skier. Shortly afterwards he won the FIS Tour de Ski.
• 11 days after his 23rd birthday Dario Cologna made history by winning the overall Overall World Cup ranking as the first Swiss Cross-Country skier.
• His greatest success yet was the 2010 Olympic Gold medal in Men’s 15 km Free
• First ever man to win FIS Tour de Ski three times (2009, 2011, 2012)
• Member of the historical Swiss relay which won first ever World Cup in La Clusaz in December 2010
• 2009: Newcomer of the year
• 2013: Swiss of the year (Schweizer des Jahres)
• 2014: Swiss athlete of the year
• Sport has been the biggest thing for Cologna since childhood
• He did cross running, MTB and alpine skiing an played football in South Tyrol, at first as striker and then as a midfielder
• His favorite club was AC Milan with Paolo Maldini and others
• Dario Cologna has both citizenships – Swiss and Italian
• At the age 16 Cologna went to a high school in Ftan, which is located in Engadin
• Since he was 20 he has lived in Davos
• In the middle of July Dario Cologna’s fan club organized 3rd Cologna Day. A day of roller skiing competitions, outdoor activities with kids and Swiss Ski Team.
• His younger Gianluca is also a Cross-Country skier
• Website: www.dariocologna.ch
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dario-Cologna/192390197565
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/dariocologna