START OF THE SPORTING CAREER
• Masako Ishida was born in Bihoro on the island of Hokkaido
• She began with Cross-Country skiing at the age of 6 at the elementary school
• When she was In 17 years old she won an inter-high school competition
• The following year she got a spot in the national junior team
• Masako Ishida made the international debut in Otoneippu at the FIS race in 5 km Classic and finished 31st
• In 2000 Ishida took part in the FIS Junior World Ski Championships and scored 13th place in 15 km Classic
• Her first World Cup came one year later in Oslo. In Trondheim 2009 Ishida scored her career best as she landed in the third place in 30 km Mass Start Classic
• Last season Ishida cracked the World Cup top 10 six times and finished in 17th place of the Overall World Cup standing
• She finished twice in 10th place at the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Val di Fiemme 2013
• Masako Ishida has father Hiroyuki, mother Haruyo and two sisters Hiromi and Kaori
• Her hobby is skin care. “That’s why some time I check skin care websites on the internet,” Masako says.
• She likes to read manga (Japanese cartoons). „Japanese manga is on a very high level. They are not only about fighting, but also love, history music and even cooking,“ Masako Ishida explains.