START OF THE SPORTING CAREER
• Astrid Uhrenholdt Jacobsen learned to ski at the age of 3 from her parents and joined a ski club for training at 10
• Astrid Uhrenholdt Jacobsen’ career has been marked with many up and downs
• In 2005 she made her debut at the FIS Nordic Junior World Ski Championships in Rovaniemi and immediately landed on the podium taking the second place in classical sprint
• In March 2005 she took part in the first World Cup race in her career and claimed 24th place
• In 2006 she won two titles at the FIS Nordic Junior World Ski Championships in Kranj– one in sprint free and one in 5 km classic
• In 2006/2007 season first World Cup podium in Otepää in classical sprint
• A few weeks later Jacobsen was even in a better shape and became sprint World Champion in Sapporo 2007 and took bronzes in the team sprint and relay
• The successful season was rounded out with another Junior World sprint Champion title in Tarvisio as well the overall victory in the Scandinavian Cup
• Jacobsen carried on the winning momentum also in the 2007/08 season and powered to first World Cup victory in her career in December 2007 in 15 km Mass start
• 2nd place in the overall World Cup standing 2007/08
• In summer 2009 the season preparation was jeopardized by an injury after a crash on her mountain bike
• Jacobsen had to postpone her World Cup comeback until Tour de Ski.
• Thanks to good results in sprint she qualified for the Olympics and finished 7th in sprint and 5th in team sprint.
• In the 2010/11 season Jacobsen was fighting hard to get a ticket for her favorite distance 10 km Classic at the home World Championships in Oslo. She did not race any distance competition at the Championships but instead won the bronze medal in classical team sprint and 9th spot in the free technique individual sprint.
• Jacobsen proved her sprinting skills also in the Sprint World Ranking as she finished the season in eighth place.
• Last season Jacobsen finished seven times in top 10 in the World Cup
• At eth FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Val di Fiemme 2013 she competed only in classic sprint – 16th place and 7.5km+7.5km skiathlon – 9th place
• Astrid Uhrenholdt Jacobsen finished last season in 9th place of the overall World Cup standing
• Her parents, Frede and Britt are both doctors whilst her older brother is an engineer and her younger brother Sten Anders is a lawyer.
• Jacobsen studies medicine at the University of Oslo, and has completed 2,5 of 6 years studies. She has a year off while preparing for Olympic Games.
• She studies more in the pre, and off-season in order to have a winter without study breaks.
• Olympic Games in Sochi 2014 belongs to her long-term goal
• Her favorite distance is 10 km classic even if she didn’t get her best results in this event
• Jacobsen has already two major injuries behind her. In spring, summer and fall 08 she had tendinitis in both Achilles and surgery in one of them. In June 09 she had a terrible crash on her mountain bike. Back bone, both elbows and her jaw were fractured.
• Astrid Jacobsen loves mountains and long walks both in the summer and in the winter. “ Ski mountaineering is always very nice,” she says.
|1641106.12.2014||5 km F||Lillehammer||NOR||Stage World Cup||34||58.70|
|1641005.12.2014||SP F Final||Lillehammer||NOR||Stage World Cup||30|
|1641005.12.2014||SP F Qual||Lillehammer||NOR||Qualification||27||70.31|