START OF THE SPORTIN CAREER
• Maurice Manificat began alpine skiing at Flaine and Saint-Gervais when he was between 5-6 years old, with his parents and friends, just for fun
• Before he started Cross-Country skiing he did a lot of mountain walking with parents and friends after the winter season
• He started with Cross-Country skiing during school breaks organized by the primary school of “Les Charmilles” based in Thyez, his home city
• He trained with them at the Agy Nordic Center, over the village of “Saint Sigismond”. His teacher Michel Petit, a member of the local ski club, recognized his good physical shape and motivated him to join the Cross-Country club
• With passion, Manificat joined his club AGY St-Sigismond at the age of 11. In the same year, he entered high school, in a specialized sport class
• After good results at school and skiing, Manificat got a spot in the ski school “Lycée du Mont-Blanc-Le Fayet” in 2001 and in the Mont-Blanc Ski Committee
• First World Cup appearance in La Clusaz in December 2006. In 2008, he competed in 5 World Cup competitions and finished in the top 30 for the first time in the 15km in Liberec and won the bronze medal at the U23 World Championship in Mals.
• During the 2008/2009 season, he scored his first top 15 result and also the first World Cup podium in the relay in La Clusaz. Moreover he captured the U23 World Championship title on the 15km free in Praz de Lys before he got contracted with the French customs in July 2009
• The season 2009/10 was his best so far and finished 5th in the Overall World Cup standing
• In 2012/13 Manificat was coping with injury. In Canmore, after winning his first World Cup since Lahti in March 2010. Examination showed he had a tear in his right quadriceps tendon. Manificat was out for a weeks and could return just in time for the FIS Nordic World Ski Championhsip in Val di Fiemme 2013.
• As a kid he loved to play with LEGO now he likes do-it-yourself activities and particularly to work with wood
• Maurice Manificat likes nature and walks around during the weekends with his parents Marillac et Bernard, his little brother Alexis and friends
• He loves to collect fossils and rocks of any kind, and also likes to go fishing
• Before he began competing in Cross-Country skiing, he played handball and badminton at school. He also went running and climbing. However he stopped climbing quickly because he got dizzy doing it
• He lives in Thyez with his parents as he does not know yet where to settle down. His favorite training area is at home and in Grenoble
• He likes doing short clips from the training and camp life and continuously updates his website
• He studies biology at the university of Grenoble. He got his diploma (Licence of Biology) end of spring 2011 and decided to continue on with a Master.
|1642520.12.2014||15 km F||Davos||SUI||World Cup||8||5.92|
|1640530.11.2014||15 km C||Ruka||FIN||World Cup||51||45.93|