START OF THE SPORTING CAREER
• Ingvild Flugstad Oestberg started skiing when she was 1 year old, and took part in her first competition at the age of 2.
• Ingvild Flugstad Oestberg appeared on the international platform at the FIS Nordic Junior World Ski Championships 2008 in Malles, Italy,
• Great performances as she took silver medal in 5 km and claimed victory in the relay.
• World Cup debut in Drammen 2008
• In 2009 she was crowned queen of the FIS Nordic Junior World Ski Championships in Praz-de-Lys - she won three individual races and gold in relay
• FIS Nordic World Ski Championships debut in 2009 - 5th place in team sprint
• 2010 was her last Junior year and she claimed victory at the FIS Nordic Junior World Ski Championships in skiathlon while in sprint and 5 km she captured silver.
• In 2009/10 Flugstad Østberg won the FIS Scandinavian Cup
• In the 2010/11 season, the young talent became the U23 World Champion in skiathlon and impressed with a 14th place at the Tour de Ski
• Last season (2012/2013) Flugstad Østberg took third place in the Sprint World Cup standing with 294 points
• Oestberg won her first World Cup together with Maiken Caspersen Falla in team sprint in Liberec 2013
• Ingvild Flugstad Østberg also plaid football in the first division (second league) in Norway with her Club Gjoevik FK. She still plays football in the second division (third league), but only during spring/early summer.
• She has been member of the Norwegian World Cup team since 2010/11. From 2008-2010 she was a member of the Norwegian National Junior Team.
• In the summer 2012 she moved to Oslo to be closer to her national team compatriots and lives close by to Marit Bjoergen and Therese Johaug.
• She likes homemade pizza and salmon; but not together
• She loves all kinds of competitions and games, and is really competitive.