• He made his World Cup debut in March 2009 in Trondheim, but did not finish the race,
• He collected his first World Cup points in November 2009 in Beitostølen, with an eighteenth place
• In 2010 Roethe won the first World Cup being a member of the victorious Norwegian relay in Lahti (Oestensen, Djupvik, Roethe, Rennemo)
• Breakthrough season 2012/13
• Roethe was close to the first Stage World Cup podium in Kuusamo in 10 km Free but finished 4th
• Roethe stormed to two straight World Cup podiums (2nd and 3rd) in Canmore 2012
• He skipped the FIS Tour de Ski but came to the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in a great shape and won bronze in the skiathlon and gold in the relay
• Roethe also impressed at the Norwegian nationals in 2012 – 3rd place skiathlon and 2013 – 15 km free.