START OF THE SPORTING CAREER
• Grew up with Cross-Country skiing and did skiing tours already when she was 3 years old. Especially her grandmother was an important companion in these tours.
• She started to compete at the age of 7.
• She was an active kid and besides competing in skiing and running she played football and handball.
• Heidi Weng is considered the rising star of Norwegian Cross-Country Skiing
• The young skier entered the international Cross-Country Skiing scene in 2008. Already in 2009 she made the World Cup debut on the home ground in Beitostølen. In 10 km Free she scored a decent 39th place
• At the FIS Junior World Ski Championships in Hinterzarten (GER) in 2010 she claimed two medals, silver for 10 km Skiathlon and gold for 4x3.3 km
• Breakthrough season 2011/12 – first World Cup podium in Lahti 2012 and second place in World Cup Falun mini tour.
• Last winter Weng finished in third place in the Ruka Triple in Kuusamo, finished in the World Cup podium two times more
• At the FIS Nordic World Ski Championship she claimed first medal in the senior class - bronze medal 7.5km+7.5km skiathlon
• Heidi Weng grew up on the countryside with her mother May Bente, father Ole Morten and her sister Merete (03.08.1988) in a small and remote place named Ytre Enebakk nearby Oslo.
|1714004.12.2016||10 km C Pursuit||Lillehammer||NOR||Stage World Cup||1||12.15|
|1714004.12.2016||Overall Standings||Lillehammer||NOR||World Cup||1||0.00|
|1713903.12.2016||5 km F||Lillehammer||NOR||Stage World Cup||2||5.05|
|1713802.12.2016||SP C Final||Lillehammer||NOR||Stage World Cup||1|
|1713802.12.2016||SP C Qual||Lillehammer||NOR||Qualification||3||2.16|
|1713327.11.2016||10 km C||Ruka||FIN||World Cup||3||6.29|
|1713226.11.2016||SP C Final||Ruka||FIN||World Cup||3|
|1713226.11.2016||SP C Qual||Ruka||FIN||Qualification||11||32.04|