START OF THE SPORTING CAREER
• Grew up with Cross-Country skiing and did skiing tours already when she was 3 years old. Especially her grandmother was an important companion in these tours.
• She started to compete at the age of 7.
• She was an active kid and besides competing in skiing and running she played football and handball.
• Heidi Weng is considered the rising star of Norwegian Cross-Country Skiing
• The young skier entered the international Cross-Country Skiing scene in 2008. Already in 2009 she made the World Cup debut on the home ground in Beitostølen. In 10 km Free she scored a decent 39th place
• At the FIS Junior World Ski Championships in Hinterzarten (GER) in 2010 she claimed two medals, silver for 10 km Skiathlon and gold for 4x3.3 km
• Breakthrough season 2011/12 – first World Cup podium in Lahti 2012 and second place in World Cup Falun mini tour.
• Last winter Weng finished in third place in the Ruka Triple in Kuusamo, finished in the World Cup podium two times more
• At the FIS Nordic World Ski Championship she claimed first medal in the senior class - bronze medal 7.5km+7.5km skiathlon
• Heidi Weng grew up on the countryside with her mother May Bente, father Ole Morten and her sister Merete (03.08.1988) in a small and remote place named Ytre Enebakk nearby Oslo.
|1641914.12.2014||SP F Final||Davos||SUI||World Cup||5|
|1641914.12.2014||SP F Qual||Davos||SUI||Qualification||11||52.75|
|1641813.12.2014||10 km C||Davos||SUI||World Cup||6||37.88|
|1641207.12.2014||10 km C Pursuit||Lillehammer||NOR||Stage World Cup||3||17.19|
|1641207.12.2014||Overall Standings||Lillehammer||NOR||World Cup||3||3.78|
|1641106.12.2014||5 km F||Lillehammer||NOR||Stage World Cup||3||11.57|
|1641005.12.2014||SP F Final||Lillehammer||NOR||Stage World Cup||3|
|1641005.12.2014||SP F Qual||Lillehammer||NOR||Qualification||5||22.92|
|1640530.11.2014||10 km C||Ruka||FIN||World Cup||8||41.42|
|1640429.11.2014||SP C Final||Ruka||FIN||World Cup||13|
|1640429.11.2014||SP C Qual||Ruka||FIN||Qualification||6||44.52|