Ruka Pursuit - 10/15 km Free technique preview
PREVIEW Ladies' 10KM PURSUIT – Sunday 26 Nov 2017
• Six of the seven leaders after the opening two stages went on to win the overall 3-Days Tour. Only Justyna Kowalczyk (POL) in 2013 failed to maintain her lead in the 10km pursuit (4th).
• In 2013, Marit Bjørgen (NOR) started the 10km pursuit in fourth position with a 25.7 seconds deficit but still managed to win the overall 3-Days Tour title (0.8 seconds winning margin).
• The last six winners of the 10km pursuit all reached the overall 3-Days Tour podium. Only Therese Johaug (NOR) in 2010 failed to record a top-three finish despite a pursuit win (10th). Only Johaug in 2015 and Bjørgen in 2012 won both the 10km pursuit (fastest time of the day) and the overall 3-Days Tour title in a single edition.
PREVIEW Men's 15KM PURSUIT
• Just one of the last four leaders after the opening two stages managed to win the overall 3-Days Tour, Martin Johnsrud Sundby (NOR) in 2015.
• Three of the seven leaders after two stages even failed to reach the overall 3-Days Tour podium, Calle Halfvarsson (SWE) in 2016 (5th), Eldar Rønning (NOR) in 2013 (DNF) and Emil Jönsson (SWE) in 2010 (18).
• Last year, Sundby was 49.8 seconds behind leader Halfvarsson after the first two events but still managed to claim the overall 3-Days Tour title.
• Only two winners of the 15km pursuit (fastest time of the day) also reached the overall 3-Days Tour podium, Matti Heikkinen (FIN) in 2016 (3rd) and Maxim Vylegzhanin (RUS) in 2012 (2nd).