SkiTrax FIS Fantasy Marathon Cup 2013/14 contest is now open
January 07, 2014 – We’re excited to present the third edition of the SkiTrax Fantasy FIS Marathon Cup 2013/14 International Contest in co-operation with FIS and the WorldLoppet Ski Federation adding excitement for xc ski fans around the world for these legendary races. The Grand Prize is a luxurious get-away at the fabulous Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise including an XC Ski 3-night package w/breakfast, Deli credit, Tour or Lesson, and two 60-minute spa treatments – a $1,550 value.
The Marathon Cup Contest is similar to our other fantasy contests with some twists – here’s how it works. Register your team of four (4) men and four (4) women plus one “Outlaw” male skier not in the top 15 and one “Outlaw” female skier not in the top 10 of the FIS Marathon Cup overall rankings – all lists are at registration. Here’s the twist… Following the La Transjurassienne event (Feb. 9/14) we’ll allow contestants to swap one male and one female skier from their team for added excitement leading into the final four (4) races.
Please note that the skier menus are based on the final rankings of the 2013 season and we may be adding more Red Group skiers who can be selected as Outlaws so please check back to ensure you don’t miss the opportunity to revise your team accordingly.
Points will be awarded following each Marathon Cup World Loppet based on each skier’s performance and published regularly at skitrax.com so you can see how your score compares with other international players and the actual FIS Marathon standings. Earn bonus Am Birkie or Gatineau Loppet points plus other Bonus points – all information and contest rules are available when you register your team – and read more about the FIS Marathon Cup HERE.
These are the only FIS Fantasy Nordic contests of their kind worldwide so don’t miss your chance to enjoy fabulous top level xc ski racing and win fabulous prizes – good luck to all contestants.
The deadline to register or revise your team is 10 pm EST on Saturday, January 18, 2014 – the day before the 60km Dolomitenlauf on January 19.
To register click HERE.
Thanks to all of our great sponsors, including Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Yoko, Salomon, Rudy Project, Halti, Supercamp, Exer-Genie, Fresh Air Experience, High Peaks Cyclery, and Buff.
FIS Fantasy Marathon Cup Prizes
* 1st Prize - Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise – XC Ski 3-night luxury package w/breakfast & Spa (value up to $1,550)
* 2nd Prize – Yoko YXR skate skis and 9100 poles (value $899)
* 3rd Prize – Salomon S-Lab Skate or Classic boots ($450sk/$299cl)
* 4th Prize – Rudy Project Sunglasses For Sport Agon + For Life Spinhawk (value $450)
* 5th Prize – Halti Nokka XC Outfit (value $325)
* 6th Prize – Supercamp 2.5-day weekend camp w/coaching, lunches, trail passes etc. (value $275)
* 7th Prize – Exer-Genie XC Trainer (value $229)
* 8th Prize - TBA
* 9th Prize – Fresh Air Experience or High Peaks Cyclery Gift Certificate (value $100)
* 10th Prize – Buff Headware (value $23)
SkiTrax is North America’s leading Nordic skiing publication and the official magazine of the United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) and Cross Country Canada (CCC).