Sundby increases Tour leader with dominant 35 km win
Norway's Martin Johnsrud Sundby started the day with just over 30 seconds in his favour in Cortina and arrived at the finish 35 km later in Toblach with a 58.2 second lead. This his result today he has extended his Tour leader and taken over the Sprint leader bib.
From the beginning Sundby pushed the pace towards Toblach and for many kilometers the closest chasing group let him go with the time gap exceeding 1 minute for much of the competition. In the end it was Sundby's teammate Petter Northug Jr. who out sprinted the chase pack to take second place just ahead of Canada's Alex Harvey.
Austria's Johannes Duerr started bib 34 and recorded the fastest time of the day as he fought his way into the lead chase group to cross the line in 6th place just 3 seconds from Northug in second place.
Martin Johnsrud Sundby (NOR)
OFFICIAL RESULTS TOP 6
1. SUNDBY Martin Johnsrud NOR 1:20:18.7
2. NORTHUG Petter jr. NOR +58.2
3. HARVEY Alex CAN +58.7
4. HALFVARSSON Calle SWE +59.0
5. LEGKOV Alexander RUS +59.7
6. DUERR Johannes AUT +1:00.2
Complete results are available HERE.
OVERALL TOUR DE SKI STANDINGS
1. SUNDBY Martin Johnsrud NOR 2:08:17.3
2. NORTHUG Petter jr. NOR +1:03.2
3. HARVEY Alex CAN +1:08.7
4. HALFVARSSON Calle SWE +1:14.0
5. LEGKOV Alexander RUS +1:14.7
6. DUERR Johannes AUT +1:15.2
Complete Overall Tour standings available HERE.