Tour de Ski - Lenzerheide Stage 3 Preview
PREVIEW Ladies' 10KM PURSUIT – Monday 1 Jan 2018
• Since 2014/15, when a second pursuit event was added to the Tour de Ski programme, the winner of the first pursuit stage also managed to reach the overall Tour de Ski podium: Marit Bjørgen (NOR) in 2014/15 (1st), Ingvild Flugstad Østberg (NOR) in 2015/16 (2nd) and Stina Nilsson (SWE) in 2016/17 (3rd). All three were also leading the overall standings after their pursuit stage win.
• Athletes from Norway have won 11 of the last 12 Tour de Ski pursuit stages, with Nilsson's victory in the 10km pursuit in Oberstdorf on 4 January 2017 as the only exception.
• Virpi Kuitunen (FIN) in 2007 and Valentina Shevchenko (UKR) in 2008 are the only other non-Norwegian winners of a Tour de Ski pursuit.
• Therese Johaug (NOR) is the only athlete to have won multiple pursuits in Tour de Ski history, with seven.
PREVIEW Men's 15KM PURSUIT
• Since 2014/15, when a second pursuit event was added to the Tour de Ski programme, the winner of the first pursuit stage also managed to win the overall Tour de Ski title: Petter Northug (NOR) in 2014/15, Martin Johnsrud Sundby (NOR) in 2015/16 and Sergey Ustiugov (RUS) in 2016/17. All three were also leading the overall standings after their pursuit stage win.
• Maurice Manificat (FRA) has won three of the last six pursuits in one of the Tours (3-Days Tour, Tour de Ski, World Cup Final, Ski Tour Canada), including the 9km pursuit in last season's Tour de Ski (final stage).
• No athlete has won more Tour pursuits than Manificat (4). Sundby and Lukáš Bauer (CZE) both follow with three. Only Sundby (2) and Bauer (2) have won more pursuits in the Tour de Ski than Manificat (1).
• Four of Manificat's nine World Cup victories came in a pursuit race.
• Lenzerheide will host a Tour de Ski pursuit for the second time, after Sundby's victory in the 10km pursuit on 3 January 2016.