26th Beirut (LIB) 1967
26th International Ski Congress: 16th to 21st May 1967 – Beirut (LIB)
74 delegates from 31 countries
- Recognition of the World Alpine Ski Cup which is to be monitored by the FIS from 1968 onwards.
- Distribution of advice and rules for circulation on skis.
- Appearance of femininity controls.
- Authorisation of Continental Championships in Cross-Country and Jumping for Juniors.
- Television rights at the World Championships become the exclusive property of the FIS which will negotiate directly with the television companies.
- The Congress Members declare that the sport of skiing, under the jurisdiction of the FIS, includes all manners of skiing engendered by muscular force and gravity, on the ground and on any kind of artificial or natural surface.