44. Miami (USA) 2004
44th International Ski Congress: 30th May to 5th June 2004 – Miami (USA)
141 delegates from 58 countries
- Unanimous approval of the World Anti Doping Code.
- The Nations Team Event was introduced to the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships.
- A “U-23” (under 23) World Championship was added to the existing Cross-Country competitions and will be carried out together with the FIS Junior Nordic World Ski Championships (from 2006).
- Ladies Ski Jumping will be developed, beginning with a Continental Cup Serie as from 2004/2005 and an individual and a team competition at the Junior World Championships from 2006.
- A TV resolution and the strategy for its implementation was adopted by a very large majority.
- Hong Kong was affiliated as an Associated Member.
- A significant increase in financial support with a total of CHF 22.375 million direct support from FIS to the member National Ski Associations.
- Bernard Chevalier (FRA) FIS Council Member for 16 years, Torbjörn Yggeseth (NOR) Chairman FIS Ski Jumping Committee, Gerhard Hochmuth (GER) Member of Ski Jumping Committee and Expert for 40 years were appointed Honorary Members of FIS.
- New Council Members were elected: Michel Vion (FRA) former Alpine World Ski Champion and Sverre Seeberg (NOR) President Norwegian Ski Association.