33. Puerto de la Cruz (SPA) 1981
33rd International Ski Congress: 11th to 16th May 1981 – Puerto de la Cruz (SPA)
101 delegates from 39 countries
- The World Coups in three groups of events are officially recognised: Alpine, Cross-Country and Jumping.
- Appearance of a new Giant Slalom, which is longer and faster, in a single round: the “Super-G”.
- The Women’s 20 km completes the Olympic programme in Cross-Country.
- Introduction of four new events which count for the World Championships: Team Ski Jumping competition and Team Nordic Combined, Freestyle Skiing for Seniors and Juniors.