FIS Solidarity programme is designed to assist active National Ski Associations with the development of the sport in their country or region. Support is specifically targeted at those Member Associations who do not profit from the income generated through rights for the organisation of World Cup races.
The basic philosophy for support from FIS Solidarity is to contribute towards assisting special projects or activities that are not part of the regular day-to-day work of a National Ski Association and for which the applicant has shown initiative and efforts in obtaining support from other sources.
Examples of activities
- Training camps and/or combined with competitions with a group of athletes from different nations who are at similar performance levels. This can be carried out in the various FIS disciplines and on a regional basis.
- Training sports administrators through the organisation of seminars led by experienced National Association administrators in different areas: organisation of the sports programmes; general administration and finance; marketing, sponsorship and promotions; etc.
- Training coaches through the organisation of courses led by experienced coaches/experts working in coaches’ education. This can be carried out in the various FIS disciplines and on a national or group nations (regional) basis.
- Seminars for competition organisation and competition officials. This can be carried out in the various FIS disciplines and on a regional basis.
- Operations of a permanent training course made available for use on an international basis.
- Support of material only as an exception