FIS Snowboard Freestyle & Freeski - Organisation and Management Team
FIS is pleased to announce the appointment of Andrew Hourmont as Marketing and Operations Consultant for Snowboard Freestyle and Freeski in cooperation with Air & Style.
Andrew brings a wealth of sport and event experience as the founder of Air & Style Innsbruck and its highly successful Tour. More recently, Andrew has sold his interest to snowboard icon and Olympian, Shaun White and remains involved in its management. Air & Style presently includes events in Innsbruck, Los Angeles and Beijing.
FIS and Air & Style share a vision for vibrant and unified global snowboard and freeski tours that promote the disciplines and events, generate attractive athlete rewards and provide clear pathways to the Olympics.
In November 2016, FIS announced the successful re-organisation and governance structure of Snowboard, Freestyle and Freeski into the following four silos that better align the culture and terrain of the various events and serve the welfare of the athletes. This will enable marketing flexibility and focus National Association and resort host relationships:
- Park and Pipe, being Halfpipe, Big Air, and Slopestyle for both snowboard and freeski;
- Ski Cross and Snowboard Cross;
- Aerials and Moguls; and
- Snowboard Alpine.
The National Associations were closely involved in the development of the new structure and are widely represented. The newly-elected members of the FIS Athletes Commission and their specialist representatives will be integrated for the upcoming FIS Technical Committee Meetings in May 2017.
With the completion of the FIS World Cup season 2016-2017 and excellent FIS Freestyle Snowboard World Championships 2017 in Sierra Nevada, FIS is also pleased to announce the Competition Management Team that will oversee the sports going forward and in conjunction with the appointment of Andrew Hourmont:
- Roby Moresi has been appointed Contest Director for Park & Pipe. He will be supported by an Assistant to be announced in due course.
- Uwe Beier continues as Race Director for Snowboard, with specific responsibility for Snowboard Alpine and Snowboard Cross.
- Joe Fitzgerald as FIS Freestyle Coordinator will oversee Aerials and Moguls and handle the co-ordination and preparations for major event activity including World Championships and Olympic Winter Games.
- Martin Fiala will continue as Race Director for Ski Cross and work in collaboration with Uwe Beier in the cross competitions.
- Kathrin Hostettler with more than 25 years of experience and great service will provide the FIS Office administration and supporting functions for both disciplines.
- Maria Martin Civiac is the dedicated Snowboard, Freeski and Freestyle FIS IT Expert for handling all IT services, points, data, etc.
- The Race and Contest Directors will be assisted with the appointment of FIS Technical Advisors to support the organisation of the events.