General Assembly of Austrian Ski Association
The 79th General Assembly of the Austrian Ski Association was held from 26th-27th June 2014 in Lech am Arlberg. During the assembly, FIS Council Member Peter Schröcksnadel was re-elected as President of the Austrian Ski Association for the period of 2014-2017.
Besides Schröcksnadel, the Vice Presidents were reaffirmed in their roles: Toni Leikam, Roswitha Stadlober, Alfons Schranz, Michael Walchhofer and Kurt Steinkogler
The General Assembly heard reports about the FIS Congress in Barcelona (SPA) including the election of Seefeld as host of the 2019 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships. Afterwards, the delegates received a status update about the 2015 FIS Freestyle Ski & Snowboard World Championships in Kreischberg.
As part of a special ceremony, a number of FIS athletes were awarded for their outstanding sporting achievements in the 2013/14 season:
- Alpine Skiing: Anna Fenninger, Marcel Hirscher, Nicole Hosp, Mario Matt, Matthias Mayer, Marlies Schild, Kathrin Zettel
- Ski Jumping: Thomas Diethart, Michael Hayböck, Daniela Iraschko-Stolz, Thomas Morgenstern, Gregor Schlierenzauer
- Nordic Combined: Christoph Bieler, Bernhard Gruber, Lukas Klapfer, Mario Stecher
- Snowboard: Julia Dujmovits, Benjamin Karl, Lukas Mathies
- Speed Skiing: Klaus Schrottshammer, Cornelia Seebacher