Already in the year 1947 briefly after World War II the Hochkoenig-Schanze was built at Laideregg, on which the German Rudi Gehring set the hill record at 100 m on 1949-02-27.
In the following years different improvements like the establishment of a timber construction for the ski jump table and the porch were attached (1950).
By a tragic accident when training jumping for the three-kings-competition the native ski jumper Paul Ausserleitner hurt himself so heavily that he deceased at the consequences at 9th January 1952. Since then the ski jump at Laideregg carries his name.
In 1953 the ski jump received a wooden 19,10m high judge tower and 10 years later the described timber construction was replaced by a ground filled new porch and a ski jump table of concrete. Finally in 1972 a new judges tower was built out of steal-concrete, but in 2002 it was blown up and replaced by a new one.
The “hanging” outrun was a very special characteristic of the Paul- Ausserleitner-Schanze, because the area was a slope through the eyes of a jumper. But with further measures the still so called natural jump was modernized.
1982 the landing angle was changed to 37° and the takeoff was shortened by 5 metres. The inrun, which had been built into the terrain before, got a wooden tower with concrete and a steeper angle of 27°. In 1991 the outrun was changed, the complete facility adapted to FIS regularies and the K-Point changed to 120 m. A new ski stadium with natural stands was built and named Sepp-Bradl-Stadion.
Because of the Nordic World Championships 1998 the stadium retained an organization and press centre and a new lift. 2000 the judges tower was blown up a new one was build. In 2003 the hill was converted into a K125. This is the recent state of the jump.