Hinterzarten

Hinterzarten
  • In 1924 in the area of the “Adlerwirt” in Hinterzarten the Adlerschanze was built as a 60-meter-hill. The opening competition was on 1925-02-24. The ski jumps has been converted various times, for example in 1935 as one year later Birger Ruud jumped a fantastic hill record of 71 m. After the conversion in 1965 Georg Thoma held the record at his home jump with 82 m.

    At the end of the 1970’s the Adlerschanze was almost shut down, but then in 1980 the construction of a plastic covered hill could begin. The last conversion into a K95 was 1998/99. In 2004/2005 at the left side of Adlerschanze a K70 and to youth jumps with K30 and K15 were constructed. The HS 108 is also called Rothaus-Schanze.