FIS Conference in Varna: Competition calendars approved
This year's FIS Calendar Conference was held in Varna (BUL) from June 3rd to 6th, followed by the spring meeting of the FIS Council on Sunday.
There the proposals of the various technical committees were discussed and the World Cup calendars for the upcoming winter were approved.
Concerning ski jumping the following decisions were made:
- The competition program for the 2017 FIS World Ski Championships in Lahti (FIN) was approved
- Park City (USA) was appointed as Organizer of the FIS Nordic Junior World Ski Championships 2017
- The mixed team competition will be included in the program of the FIS Nordic Junior World Ski Championships 2016 in Rasnov (ROU)
- Regulations for the construction and homologation of Jumping and Flying hills were updated
- The World Cup final shall comprise the top 30 competitors of the overall World Cup standings
- The quota calculation for participation in Continental Cup was amended
- Wearing of ski gloves is compulsory for all events.
Changes in the competition calendar
Other than originally planned, Willingen (GER) will not host the World Cup in March next season, but already on January 9th and 10th, 2016, right after the 4-Hills-Tournament.
The competition in Szczyrk in January will not take place, instead Poland will get a second full World Cup weekend with Wisla on March 4th and 5th.
Also the members of the Athlete's Commission for 2015 - 2017, elected last winter, were confirmed in Varna. The representatives of ski jumping in this commission are Kamil Stoch (POL) and Katja Pozun (SLO).