U.S. Snowboarding names freestyle team
Olympic medalists Kelly Clark (West Dover, VT), Gretchen Bleiler, (Aspen, CO), and Scotty Lago (Seabrook, NH) headline the 2014 U.S. Snowboarding team.
Olympic medalists Kelly Clark (West Dover, VT), Gretchen Bleiler, (Aspen, CO), and Scotty Lago (Seabrook, NH) headline the 2014 U.S. Snowboarding team, which also includes slopestyle athletes Chas Guldemond (Reno, NV), Sage Kotsenburg (Park City, UT) and Eric Willett (Breckenridge, CO).
Slopestyle will make its Olympic debut this February in Sochi. With an impressive roster of 32 athletes, the team will begin its season and Olympic qualifying period at the Dew Tour iON Mountain Championships at Breckenridge Dec. 12-15 followed by the FIS World Cup and Sprint U.S. Grand Prix at Copper Mountain Dec. 19-22.
Members of the team will be on hand Saturday, Nov. 30 at Copper Mountain, CO for the Woodward Remix Weekend–home of the only Olympic-sized halfpipe currently open in the U.S.
The Olympic qualifying period begins Dec. 12-15 at the Dew Tour iON Mountain Championships at Breckenridge with the Copper Mountain World Cup and Sprint U.S. Grand Prix following in December.
The U.S. Olympic team qualifying events pick back up in January with the Sprint U.S. Grand Prix in Northstar, CA Jan. 9-12 and the final event in Mammoth, CA Jan. 15-18.
Mike Jankowski, Head U.S. Freeskiing and U.S. Snowboarding Coach said: "It's such an exciting time for U.S. Snowboarding right now with next-level halfpipe runs and the slopestyle team getting its first shot at Olympic medals.
This group of riders has truly shaped what U.S. Snowboarding is all about and is blazing a path into the future. I have to give all my respect to them for their hard work and true dedication to the sport of snowboarding."
2014 U.S. Snowboarding Team Roster
Name (Hometown; Club) Date of Birth * Denotes Olympian
2014 U.S. Snowboarding Halfpipe Pro Team
- Greg Bretz (Mammoth Lakes, CA; Mammoth Charter School) 12/19/90 *
- Matt Ladley (Chicago, IL; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club) 5/17/91
- Scotty Lago (Seabrook, NH) 11/12/87 *
- Benji Farrow (Ludlow, VT; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club) 3/8/92
- Louie Vito (Sandy, UT) 3/20/88 *
- Luke Mitrani (Bondville, VT) 7/20/90
- Gretchen Bleiler (Aspen, CO; Aspen Valley Ski & Snowboard Club) 4/10/81 *
- Kelly Clark (West Dover, VT; Mount Snow Academy) 7/26/83 *
- Arielle Gold (Steamboat Springs, CO; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club) 5/4/96
- Elena Hight (South Lake Tahoe, CA; American School) 8/17/89 *
- Ellery Hollingsworth (Darien, CT; Stratton Mountain School) 9/2/91
- Hannah Teter (Belmont, VT; Okemo Mountain School) 1/27/87 *
- Maddy Schaffrick (Steamboat Springs, CO; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club) 4/24/94
2014 U.S. Snowboarding Slopestyle Pro Team
- Eric Beauchemin (Grand Blanc, MI; Stratton Mountain School) 1/14/91
- Chas Guldemond (Reno, NV) 4/22/87
- Sage Kotsenburg (Park City, UT) 7/27/93
- Ryan Stassel (Anchorage, AK; Auburn Ski Club) 10/23/92
- Eric Willett (Breckenridge, CO) 1/2/88
- Jessika Jenson (Rigby, ID) 8/7/91
- Jordie Karlinski (Snowmass Village, CO; Aspen Valley Ski & Snowboard Club) 8/24/89
- Ty Walker (Stowe, VT; USSA Team Academy) 3/3/97
2014 U.S. Snowboarding Halfpipe Rookie Team
- Nik Baden (Steamboat Springs, CO; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club) 1/3/98
- Taylor Gold (Steamboat Springs, CO; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club) 11/17/93
- Ben Ferguson (Bend, OR) 1/21/95
- Gabe Ferguson (Bend, OR) 4/16/99
- Chase Josey (Hailey, ID; Sun Valley Education Foundation) 3/31/95
- Kyle Mack (West Bloomfield, MI) 7/6/97
- Chloe Kim (La Palma, CA; Mammoth Mountain Snowboard Team) 4/23/00
- Maddie Mastro (Wrightwood, CA) 2/22/00
- Serena Shaw (Stratton Mountain, VT; Stratton Mountain School) 1/22/95
- Mike Jankowski, U.S. Snowboarding Halfpipe and Slopestyle Head Coach
- Rick Bower, U.S. Snowboarding Pro Halfpipe Coach
- Tommy Czeschin, U.S. Snowboarding Assistant Pro Halfpipe Coach
- Bill Enos, U.S. Snowboarding Pro Slopestyle Coach
- Spencer Tamblyn, U.S. Snowboarding Rookie Coach