The Para competitions are in full swing towards the end of the season 2022/23 across various disciplines. Looking at the current schedule we have the following events lined up:
- March 01-08 Para Nordics World Cup – Soldier Hollow (USA), full event details here
- March 09-17 Para World Snowboard Championships – La Molina (ESP), full event details here
Last weekend the Para Alpine World Cup stopped in Kitzbühel for a slalom weekend. It was impressive to see how the Para athletes conquered the difficult “Ganserln slalom slope” in Kitzbühel. Here we give you a short update with the most important results from the different categories in both slalom Para World Cups on the 27th and 28th of February:
- We had the exact same ranking for the visually impaired (VI) category with:
1ST 1ST Stary Elina (AUT)
2ND Aigner Barbara (AUT)
3RD Fitzpatrick Menna (GBR)
- Same goes for the standing category with the top three ladies:
1ST Aarsjoe Ebba (SWE)
2ND Rieder Anna-Maria (GER)
3RD Richard Aurelie (FRA)
- In the sitting category was Stephans Laurie (USA) winning on both days
- Aigner Johannes (AUT) was the dominator on home soil in both slalom competitions in the visually impaired category
- The winner on both days in the men’s standing category was Buchet Arthur (FRA) with Lindstroem Aaron (SWE) and Cuche Robin (SUI) switching colors with a silver and bronze each day.
- De Silvestroe Rene' (ITA) and Pedersen Jesper (NOR) were battling it out for the victory on both days taking one win each, with De Langen Niels (NED) completing in 3rd twice.
You’ll find all the results here.
The highlight of the Para World Cup weekend in Kitzbühel was the fierce competition in the men’s sitting category on the infamous Ganslern Slalom track. Re-watch here: