The first annual ‘Prix Armando Trovati’ AIJS photo ski contest is officially open. The new deadline to submit photos is August 24, 2018.
The competition, named after Italian photographer Armando Trovati, is open to all accredited photographers who have attended a FIS Alpine World Cup competition during the 2017-18 season. Photographers can enter one picture with the winner decided by a prestigious six-person jury comprising:
- AIJS President, M. Gernot Mussner (or Board member)
- Sarah Lewis, FIS Secretary General
- International Wire Agency Representative M. Olivier Morin (Agence France-Presse Rédacteur Chef Photo France )
- AIJS Photographer – Alessandro and Marco Trovati, (to transmit the spirit of their father)
- A Photo Critic Expert from the prestigious magazine Sport Week – Naima Mancini Sport Week - Gazzetta dello Sport (RCS)
The winner will be announced prior to the opening of the FIS Audi World Cup Opening 2018-2019 in Sölden in October. The winner will receive a prize of 1,000 €, plus a trophy awarded by FIS. The winner will also receive a short stay for two people at Riva del Garda, courtesy of Riva del Garda FiereCongressi, main sponsor of the Prix Armando Trovati. Furthermore, a selection of the best pictures will be printed by AIJS and sponsors and will be available for viewing at resorts, sponsors locations, photo galleries.
Entries can be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to submit photos is 24th August 2018. Complete details about the competitions, including all rules can be found on the official website.
The AIJS (Association Internationale des Journalistes de Ski) – the International Association of Ski Journalists – was founded in the early 1960s.