The 82nd Annual General Assembly of the Austrian Ski Association (ÖSV) took place last weekend in Saalbach-Hinterglemm. On the agenda was the election of the new Board. Peter Schröcksnadel was reaffirmed in his role as President along with Toni Leikam, Roswitha Stadlober, Alfons Schranz, Michael Walchhofer and Kurt Steinkogler as Vice-Presidents.
Besides the election, the gathering focused on the reports of the President and representatives of each major department. Furthermore, several successful athletes and long-serving officials received awards.
The honoured athletes from FIS disciplines include:
- Alpine Skiing: Manuel Feller, Max Franz, Marcel Hirscher, Michaela Kirchgasser, Roland Leitinger, Nicole Schmidhofer, Stephanie Venier
- Ski Jumping: Manuel Fettner, Michael Hayböck, Daniela Iraschko-Stolz, Stefan Kraft, Gregor Schlierenzauer, Jacqueline Seifriedsberger
- Nordic Combined: Paul Gerstgraser, Bernhard Gruber, Philipp Orter, Mario Seidl
- Snowboard: Anna Gasser, Benjamin Karl, Andreas Prommegger, Daniela Ulbing
- Speed Skiing: Manuel Kramer, Klaus Schrottshammer
- Grass Skiing: Jacqueline Gerlach, Kristin Hetfleisch, Michael Stocker, Marc Zickbauer
Meanwhile, former long-time FIS Marketing and Communications Director Christian Knauth received the Grand Gold Medal of the Austrian Ski Association. Before joining FIS in 1992, he served as Vice President of the Austrian Ski Association and of the Vorarlberger Ski Association.
The 113th Annual Assembly of the Swiss Ski Association took place on 24th June 2017 in Losone with nearly 250 delegates present.
During the Assembly, President Urs Lehman reported on the past year for the Association, from both sports and financial perspectives, including the highly successful FIS Alpine World Ski Championships in St. Moritz.
The annual meeting was enriched by the appointment of honorary members, the highest honour bestowed by Swiss Ski, to persons including top freeskier Virginie Faivre, former President of the Engelberg Ski Jumping Organising Committee, Ernst von Holzen, long-serving official and President of the Bernese Oberland Regional Association Johnny Wyssmüller and President of the St. Moritz 2017 Organising Committee Hugo Wetzel.
Furthermore, a number of current and retiring athletes were honoured for their achievements including:
- Alpine Skiing: Mauro Caviezel, Marc Berthod
- Freestyle Skiing: Marco Tadé, Matteo Gasparin, Katrin Müller
- Telemark: Amélie Reymond, Bastien Dayer, Beatrice Zimmermann
Facts and figures about the 2016/17 season can be found in the recently published annual report.