Town and skiing:
- Number of inhabitants: 1 988 243
- The Mount-Royal Park is the oldest skiing site in Canada
- 61 km of cross-country ski tracks in Montreal
- Many of those tracks are lit for night-skiing
- 19 parks
- There are tracks especially adapted for skate skiing in Mount-Royal Park, Angrignon and Maisonneuve
- One of the oldest ski clubs in Canada is in Montreal, the Viking Ski Club - founded in 192
Parc du Mont-Royal is the oldest skiing site in Canada dating back to 1879. The legendary Montreal Ski Club was founded there. It is a protected district that covers over 343 acres of green space. A lot of activities can be practiced there such as skating, cycling, tobogganing and snowshoeing.
The Mount Royal Park occupies part of the mountain that lies in the midst of Montreal Island, and includes the highest spot in the city (234m).
Hotel Fairmont Queen Elizabeth www.fairmont.com/queen-elizabeth-montreal/
Taxi from the airport: See this website: http://www.admtl.com/en/access/taxis-limousines
Ground transportation from the airport: See this website: http://www.admtl.com/en/access/transports
Ski Tour Canada is a free event in Montreal. You don’t need to purchase a ticket to access the competition venue.