(Toronto, ON) - We're pleased to announce the launch of our SkiTrax FIS Fantasy Lahti Contest as the 2017 Nordic World Championships will soon be underway from Feb. 22-Mar. 5 in Lahti, Finland. The grand prize is a fabulous Whistler Nordic Experience with luxury accommodations, ski passes, dining and spa valued at $1,590.
Follow the world's best xc skiers as you test your knowledge of the sport against other contestants from around the world, and be eligible to win more fabulous prizes.
Here's how it works. Select the three podium positions for both men and women at the 12 championship races to score points. There are bonus points for picking the top Canadian and top US skier at each race as well.
All contest rules and skier selection menus are available at registration but note that nations can modify their final teams until end of day on Feb. 20 (CET). We'll update the final contest lists then so make sure you check back to modify your selections accordingly before the final deadline - the contest closes at 12pm EST on Feb. 21.
Please register/enter our FIS Fantasy Lahti 2017 Contest here.
We are still finalizing some prizes - good luck to all contestants and thanks to FIS, Lahti 2017 and all of our great sponsors including Tourism Whistler, Salomon, Bjorn Daehlie, Marwe, Cross Country Canada, One Way, and High Peaks Cyclery with more to follow.
SkiTrax FIS Fantasy Lahti 2017 Contest Prizes
* 1st Prize - Whistler Nordic Experience - 3-nights @ Delta Whistler Village Suites w/2 passes to Lost Lake, $200 dining, Scandinave Spa for 2 (value $1,590)
* 2nd Prize – Salomon S-Lab Skate Pro/Skate Boots (value $500)
* 3rd Prize – Bjorn Daehlie Raw Jacket – men’s or women’s (value $499)
* 4th Prize - Marwe 610c Roller Skis (value $349)
* 5th Prize – CCC High Sierra Rolling Duffle Bag (value $250)
* 6th Prize – One Way 9Max Ski Poles - 100% Carbon (value $199)
* 7th Prize – High Peaks Cyclery Ski Care w/Stone Grind, Hot Box, Hardening, Race Prep (value $150)
* 8th Prize - TBD
* 9th Prize - TBD
* 10th Prize - TBD
*SkiTrax is North America’s leading Nordic skiing publication and the official magazine of the United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) and Cross Country Canada (CCC).