32nd International Ski Congress: 18th and 19th May 1979 – Nice (FRA)
104 delegates from 41 countries
- Setting up of a Jumping World Cup.
- Recognition of Acrobatic Skiing and Skiing on Grass.
- The wearing of a helmet becomes obligatory for Ski Jumpers.
- The Ski Jumps are approved in 17 countries.
- The Alpine Combined event in the World Championships becomes a separate event, governed by special rules. Downhill and Slalom make up the programme for this combined event. This formula replaces that which consisted of establishing the classification on the three events played during the Championships.
- The Junior World Nordic Ski Championships replace the European Championships.
- Greater stress is laid on skiing for all.