43rd International Ski Congress: 2nd to 8th June 2002 – Portoroz (SLO)
143 delegates from 67 countries
- A new procedure for the election of the FIS Council, whereby the Congress shall elect the 16 Council Members from which the 4 Vice-Presidents will be elected by the Council.
- The President shall be elected for 4 years.
- New Rules for Sanctions applicable to all Disciplines.
- Revision of Rules of Conduct to include provisions for Snowboarding and Carving.
- Regulation of the vertical drop for Super-G, children’s courses.
- Introduction of a new Knock-Out (K-O) format for Slalom and a new event, Alpine Discipline.
- Adoption of resolution to increase the transmission and promotion of skiing.
- Ski Jumping Team Event on the normal hill at the 2005 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Oberstdorf (GER) and Skiflying Team Event at the 2004 Championships in Planica (SLO).
- Freestyle Ski Cross and Freestyle Halfpipe at Freestyle World Championships as from 2005.
- Big Air at Snowboard World Championships as from 2003.
- Trinidad & Tobago and the Republic of Moldova elected as associate members of FIS.