The FIS Calendar-Conference was held this week in the Slovenian coastal town of Portoroz. There the FIS Council also made some decisions regarding proposals which were worked out by the Ski Jumping Committee in its meeting earlier.
The following changes were confirmed:
- Due to the possibilities with the wind and gate factor, there will be no pre-qualified athletes anymore. This means that also the top ranked jumpers in the World Cup will have to qualify for the competitions. This possible change will be tested during this year's FIS Grand Prix. The next decision regarding this proposal will be made at the FIS meetings this fall.
- BWT was confirmed as new ski manufacturer.
- The athletes will now have to wear two-piece underwear. This has to end over the knees and must be made of one material.
- In addition to the two originally planned normal hill competitions in Lillehammer (NOR), an additional large hill World Cup competition for the ladies will be held there. Only the Top 30 athletes are allowed to compete in this event.
- For the first time ever, team competitions will be held as part of the Ladies' World Cup events in Hinterzarten (GER) and Zao (JPN).
- The Ladies' World Cup final will take place late March on the normal hill in Oberstdorf (GER).
- The suits will not be plombed anymore.